almost 100 years the East Point Lighthouse helped commercial
oyster fishers navigate through the Delaware Bay. In
1941 the light was shut off because of World War II.
After the war ended it wasn’t turned back on. An
accidental fire in the early 1970s damaged the building..
The Maurice River Historical Society rebuilt the building.
The Coast Guard relit the light in 1980.