- Login to https://njmmp.nj.gov/ using the username and password you created when registering for the NJMMP.
- Select the Physician Statement tab.
- Select Create/Search Authorization.
- Select Add Statement.
- Provide patient information (as noted by the red asterisk) and qualifying medical condition.
- Authorize that patient has a qualifying medical condition for medicinal marijuana.
- Select an authorization period of up to 360 days. This time frame determines how many days a patient may purchase medical marijuana before being reevaluated. Upon expiration of the selected timeframe, you must re-assess the patient’s condition and determine whether to continue their use of medicinal marijuana for an additional period.
- Select an amount of medicinal marijuana using the drop down box(es).
Note*: Health care practitioners may authorize a maximum amount of three ounces of marijuana in a 30 day period. Terminal patients have no limit under the law.
- Verify the accuracy of all entered information.
- Complete attending health care practitioner statement and submit to MMP registry.
- Receive patient reference number from MMP.
- Provide patient a copy of their Attending Health Care Practitioner Statement to register with MMP.
Note*: Instruct the patient to initiate their registration process by visiting the Patient Registry web site at https://njmmp.nj.gov/.
Questions regarding this process will be addressed by contacting the MMP Customer Service Unit at (609) 292-0424 or email@example.com