State of New Jersey Deapartment of Human Services title graphic  
Office of Licensing
New Jersey Helps
NJ 211 Community Resource Website
New Jersey Housing Resource Center
New Jersey Mental Health Cares Hotline
NJ Family Care
New Jersey Lottery
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Veterans Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
How can I find a regulated program?

List of developmental centers for the developmentally disabled

List of State psychiatric hospitals

List of mental health agencies licensed by the Department of Human Services

List of community-based substance use disorders agencies licensed by the Department of Human Services

How Can I Request Information About a Regulated Program?

Information is available through the completion of an OPRA Request Form.

How Can I Make a Complaint About a Regulated Program?

If you believe a program may be operating in violation of licensing regulations, or you have any concerns about the services provided by a regulated program, please call one of the following:

  • Developmental Disabilities Hotline:  1-800-832-9173
  • Addictions Complaint Hotline:          1-877-712-1868
  • Mental Health Complaint Hotline:     609-777-0763 (Southern Region)
                                                        973-977-4397 (Northern Region)
How Can I Locate an Accredited Program?

Accrediting bodies can assist you in locating an accredited program.

How Can I Obtain Information About Other Kinds of Programs?

The Department of Children and Families regulates child care programs, youth residential programs, youth mental health programs and resource family homes. For information about these programs, please contact the Department of Children & Families Office of Licensing.

For information about substance use disorders programs, please contact the Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services in the Department of Human Services.

For information about hospitals, nursing homes, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), please contact the Department of Health.

For information about family and child health, please contact the Department of Health and Senior Services’ Division of Family Health Services.

For information about AIDS and HIV programs, please contact the Department of Health and Senior Services’ HIV, AIDS & TB Services.

For information about boarding homes, please contact the Department of Community Affairs' Bureau of Rooming & Boarding House Standards.

For information about NJ SNAP, TANF, County Welfare Agencies, WorkFirst NJ, Child Care and Child Support, and SSI, please contact the Department of Human Services’ Division of Family Development.

OPRA - Open Public Records Act NJ Home Logo
Department: DHS Home  |  DHS Services A to Z  |  Consumers & Clients - Individuals and Families  |  Important Resources  |  Divisions & Offices  |  Commissioner & Key Staff  |  Disaster & Emergency Help & Information  |  Press Releases, Public and Legislative Affairs, & Publications  |  Providers & Stakeholders: Contracts, Legal Notices, Licensing, MedComms  |  Get Involved with DHS!
Statewide: NJHome  |  Services A to Z  |  Departments/Agencies  |  FAQs
Copyright © State of New Jersey, 1996 - 2008
Contact Us Privacy Notice Legal Statement Accessibility Statement NJ Home Page