State Command Chief
Chief Master Sergeant Janeen M. Fillari
Chief Master Sergeant Janeen M. Fillari is currently assigned as the State Command Chief Master Sergeant, New Jersey Air National Guard, Joint Base, McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey. Chief Fillari is responsible for matters influencing the health, morale, welfare and professional development of more than 2,100 New Jersey Air National Guard Enlisted Members.
Chief Fillari entered Active Duty in the United States Air Force in July 1989 as a Services Specialist, and cross-trained into the Paralegal Career Field in 1994. Chief Fillari remained on active duty as a paralegal until November 1998, and then transferred to the Reserves IMA, Category B program from 1998 to 2005. In 2005, Chief Fillari transferred to the New Jersey Air National Guard and held the position as the Law Office Superintendent for the 108th Wing. She was then assigned as the Air Combat Command (ACC) Senior Paralegal Manager for the Air National Guard.
- 1995 Airman Leadership School, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
- 1999 Paralegal Certificate, St. Mary’s College of Calif.
- 2003 Associate in Applied Science Paralegal Studies, Camden County College, N.J.
- 2003 Paralegal Studies, Community College of the Air Force
- 2006 Bachelor of Science, Human Services (Legal Studies), Thomas Edison State College, N.J.
- 2007 NCO Academy, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
- 2009 Master of Arts, Liberal Studies, Thomas Edison State College, N.J.
- 2012 USAF Senior NCO Academy
- 2015 ANG Chief’s Executive Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
- 2016 ANG Command Chief Orientation Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
- 2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Course I
- 2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Course II
- July 1989 – September 1992, Services Specialist, 3d Services Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
- September 1992 – August 1994, Services Specialist, 16th Services Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
- August 1994 – May 1996, Paralegal, 16th Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
- May 1996 – November 1998, Assistant Circuit Court Superintendent, Western Circuit, Travis AFB, Calif.
- November 1998 – January 1999, Reserve Paralegal, Travis AFB, Calif.
- January 1999 –August 2005, Reserve Paralegal, McGuire AFB, N.J.
- August 2005 – September 2015, Paralegal, 108th Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
- September 2008 – February 2013, Facilitator, Noncommissioned Officer Academy McGhee-Tyson, Tenn.
- February 2012 – June 2015, ANG Paralegal Liaison, Joint Base-McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
- June 2013 – May 2015, Inspector, Inspections and Readiness Program, Langley AFB, Va.
- May 2015 – April 2016, ANG, ACC Paralegal Manager, Langley AFB, Va.
- April 2016 – Present, State Command Chief, NJANG – Joint Base-McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
Major Awards and Decorations:
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
- Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
- National Defense Service Medal with one service star
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long
- Air Force Longevity Service with one bronze oak leaf cluster
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster
State Awards and Decorations:
- New Jersey Commendation Medal
- New Jersey Ribbon of Honor
- New Jersey Good Conduct Ribbon with two devices
- New Jersey Merit Award Ribbon with seven devices
- New Jersey State Service Ribbon
- Air Force Sergeants Association
- Air National Guard Alumni Association
- Enlisted Association of the National Guard
- Enlisted Association of the National Guard of New Jersey
- South Jersey Paralegal Association
- Women’s Memorial Foundation
Effective Dates of Promotion:
- Chief Master Sergeant 06 February 2015
- Assumption of State Command Chief 19 March 2016
(Current as of November 2016)