The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) is helping military personnel transition their military driving experience into civilian employment. By waiving the CDL Skills Test (behind-the-wheel exam), qualified military
applicants will no longer have to provide a commercial vehicle in order to obtain a New Jersey CDL license.
Veterans seeking the CDL waiver must meet certain requirements and present specific documentation, including:
- Satisfactory proof he/she was a member of a branch of the active or reserve component of the military within the last 12 months in a military position requiring the operation of a military motor vehicle equivalent to a Commercial
Motor Vehicle (CMV).
- A current or expired military commercial driver license and a valid New Jersey driver license.
- A completed Military CDL Skills Test Waiver Form certified by a commanding officer.
- Successful completion of a CDL knowledge and vision test.
- Presenting 6 Points of ID and proof of primary address.
- A CDL Holder Self-Certificate and Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
New Jersey MVC Announces CDL Skill Test Changes
See this alternate video if you are
viewing the video.