TRENTON – Somerville Vehicle Center is closed due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19, and will reopen Saturday, Dec. 26, the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission announced today.
The employee who tested positive was last in the Somerville Center Friday, Dec. 11.
Including Somerville, fifteen MVC Centers in total are closed due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19 at each location. These Centers are scheduled to reopen on the following dates:
- Trenton Regional/Vehicle Center – Wednesday, Dec. 16
- Newark Regional/Licensing Center – Wednesday, Dec. 16
- Flemington Licensing Center – Wednesday, Dec. 16
- North Bergen Licensing Center – Thursday, Dec. 17
- Cardiff Licensing Center – Thursday, Dec. 17
- Paterson Regional/Licensing Center – Saturday, Dec. 19
- Freehold Licensing Center – Monday, Dec. 21
- Toms River Licensing Center – Tuesday, Dec. 22
- Bayonne Licensing Center – Wednesday, Dec. 23
- Wallington Vehicle Center – Wednesday, Dec. 23
- Edison Licensing Center – Thursday, Dec. 24
- Vineland Licensing Center – Saturday, Dec. 26
- Turnersville Vehicle Center – Saturday, Dec. 26
- Jersey City Vehicle Center – Saturday, Dec. 26
- Somerville Vehicle Center – Saturday, Dec. 26
Eatontown Regional/Licensing Center will be reopening tomorrow, Tuesday, Dec. 15, and fully operational after quarantine closing and full COVID-19 cleaning.
All MVC Vehicle Centers are now open by appointment only. No walk-ins are allowed at Vehicle Centers.
MVC Licensing Centers still accept walk-in customers for select transactions, like new licenses, permits, or non-driver IDs. Other transactions at Licensing Centers require an appointment.
All appointments are scheduled at NJMVC.gov. Appointments are added each day, on a rolling 30-day basis.
Any appointments that are canceled due to a COVID-19 closure must be rescheduled at the website. Customers are notified by email when their appointment has been canceled.
Customers should always log on to NJMVC.gov to check the status of locations before visiting any MVC facility. Customers also can identify whether a transaction is available online, by appointment, or by walk-in using the new “How do I…?” Cheat Sheet in the Quick Links on the MVC home page.