State Seal New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission

Translate disclaimer

Registration Renewal/Request Duplicate

If for any reason you do not receive the necessary document to renew your registration, you will need to take the following actions:

  • Visit a motor vehicle agency and complete a Vehicle Registration Application (Form BA-49, found only at motor vehicle agencies).
  • Present the current registration (if possible), current driver’s license and proof of insurance.
  • Pay the required renewal fee.  The MVC accepts American Express® card, Visa® card, MasterCard®, cash, checks, and money orders.

If you receive the registration application after you have taken the above actions, simply discard it – no further action is needed.

If you have already submitted the registration renewal and it has not yet been returned, please call the MVC’s Database Corrections Unit at 609 292-6500 ext. 5058.


Related Links


Certified title search (request a copy)
Title correction
Duplicate title (lost, stolen or damaged)
Canceling a new car title
Satisfying a lien
Transferring ownership
Vehicle registration application records
Registration renewal/request duplicate
Vehicles purchased without an existing New Jersey title (Improper Evidence of Ownership Procedure)