Vehicle registration application records
Personal information in registration records is protected by New Jersey's Driver Privacy Protection Act. You may request certified information for vehicles registered in your own name. All other requests - attorney, employer, insurance
company, court or other permitted use are granted only to authorized users as defined in N.J.S.A. 39:2-3.3 et seq.
Request a copy of vehicle registration application
You must submit the following to request a certified copy of a vehicle registration application that was submitted at the time of registration, or information relative to a vehicle registration.
- Completed and signed Vehicle Registration Application Request (Form DO-11A), including a written explanation detailing the reason(s) for your request.
- If you are requesting a record that is not your own, you must complete Section C of the form.
- This form will not be accepted unless it is acknowledged by a Notary Public or Attorney at Law.
- All applicants must sign the form with an original signature – signature stamps are not acceptable.
- A photocopy of your driver’s license.
- A $15 check or money order made payable to the NJMVC.
- Submit the package to:
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
Certified Information Unit
225 East State Street
PO Box 146
Trenton, New Jersey 08666-0146
- Important note: All pages must be submitted for your request to be considered.
You may print the form on three separate pages, or pages one and two on both sides of a single sheet and a separate page three.
A separate request is required for each record search.
The copy of the vehicle registration or information pertaining to the vehicle registration application record will be mailed to you in approximately three to four weeks of receipt of your completed form and payment.