You will receive a registration renewal notice in the mail three months before your current registration expires. You may choose one of three procedures to renew your annual vehicle registration.
To renew online:
- Locate the PIN on the lower right corner of your renewal notice.
- Click here to begin the online renewal procedure.
- Online renewals cannot be processed after the expiration date on the renewal form. If you need to renew your registration and it is beyond your expiration date, you will need to renew your registration at a motor vehicle agency.
- If you lost your renewal notice and PIN and you are still within your renewal time window, you may call the Motr Vehicle Commission (MVC) Customer Support line at 609-292-6500 weekdays (except holidays) from 8:30 a.m.to 4:15 p.m. for your PIN.
The Motor Vehicle Commission has waived the online convenience fee to process this transaction.
To renew by mail:
- Review your registration notice to determine the proper payment amount.
- Provide the correct payment in the form of a check or money order and insert your payment into the return envelope provided with your notice.
- Insert the payment stub into the envelope and ensure that the address shows through the envelope window.
- If you do not have the return envelope, you may mail your payment and stub to the following address:
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
Revenue Processing Center
PO Box 009
Trenton NJ 08646-0009
To renew at an Agency:
- When renewing in person at a motor vehicle agency, be sure to bring your insurance card, license plate number and payment.
Renewal fee payment options
For your convenience, the MVC accepts American Express® card, Visa® card, MasterCard® card, checks, money orders and cash.