Mobile Response and Stabilization Service Project
We are excited to announce that all New Jersey resource and kinship placements have been selected to participate in the Mobile Response and Stabilization Services (MRSS) project. All children and youth placed by CP&P local offices will receive services through MRSS at the time of placement. The purpose of this project is to provide increased support to our children and Resource Parents during the transition into their new home. The project has an aggressive roll out schedule whereby this service will be active on all placements in all counties by April 2017. Below is a quick guide of the benefits and services of MRSS for your review.
Guide for New Jersey’s Resource Families
- Mobile Response and Stabilization Services are available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week and can be reached toll-free at 1-877-652-7624;
- Families should call for help when a child is involved in an emotional or behavioral health crisis that causes a disruption in the home. (Call 911 if someone’s life or health is in danger);
- Mobile Response is also available whenever a child between the ages of 3 and 18 is initially placed with your family;
- A request for services and consent from a resource family is all it takes to receive a Mobile Response dispatch and intervention services;
- Mobile Response will respond to your request for assistance by coming to your home within one hour or within 24 hours at an convenient time;
- Mobile Response will work with you and your child to reduce or deescalate the identified behaviors and may provide intervention services during the 72 hours following the request for dispatch;
- A plan will be developed that will include identified behaviors that need to be addressed, strategies to address the behaviors, and desired outcomes;
- Mobile Response may recommend stabilization management services for up to 8 weeks. These services could include stabilization services, Intensive In-Community Services and/or Behavioral Assistance Services.