NJDOT, Somers Point and Ocean City officials
to host Grand Opening Ceremony
New Route 52 Causeway open in advance of the summer
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation, Somers Point, Ocean City and other officials will formally open the new $400 million Route 52 Causeway connecting Somers Point and Ocean City in advance of the summer season. The causeway replacement project is one of the largest in NJDOT history and the improved access between the towns is critical to the economy of the region.
What: Grand Opening of the new Route 52 Causeway
Who: James Simpson, NJDOT Commissioner
Congressman Frank Lo Biondo
Mayor of Somers Point Jack Glasser
Mayor of Ocean City Jay Gillian
When: Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:30 a.m.
Where: John F. Kennedy Park, 55 Broadway, Somers Point, NJ
The Event will consist of a short speaking program followed by a procession over the new bridge by trolley to a ribbon cutting on the Ocean City side of the bridge.
From the North
• Take the Garden State Parkway South to exit 30,
• Merge onto N. Laurel Drive
• Continue onto MacArthur Blvd for
• Turn right onto Mays Landing Road and make a slight left onto Broadway
• John F. Kennedy Park will be on your left.
From the South
• Head north on the Garden State Parkway
• Take exit 29 to merge onto U. S. 9 N/New Road toward Somers Point/Ocean City
• Turn right onto Mays Landing Road
• Make a sharp right onto Broadway; John F. Kennedy Park will be on your left.
This Event will take place Rain or Shine.