Overnight ramp closures announced through
the Route 30/38/130 interchange this weekend
(Trenton) - NJDOT officials today announced that a concentrated ‘Clean Up NJ’ effort to address maintenance needs through the Route 30/38/130 interchange in Pennsauken (site of former Airport Circle) will require a series of overnight ramp closures this weekend.
To create a safe and efficient work zone for the crews to attack all the maintenance needs of the interchange, the following ramp closure schedule is planned:
Ramp closures and detours for Friday night, March 22:
• Route 130 northbound onto Route 30 (Admiral Wilson Boulevard) – motorists will be detoured to traffic signal at Route 38/70, make left, follow to Route 30.
• Route 130 southbound onto Route 30 – motorists will be detoured to the traffic signal, make right onto Route 30.
• Route 30 eastbound onto Route 38/70 and Route 130 - motorists will be detoured to Route 130 southbound to Park Drive, onto Route 130 northbound to Route 38/70.
Ramp closures and detours for Saturday night, March 23:
• Route 130 southbound onto Route 30 – motorists will be directed to traffic signal, make right onto Route 30.
• Route 38/70 westbound onto Route 30 westbound - motorists will continue straight, go across traffic signal to Route 30.
NJDOT maintenance crews and contractors will work through the night repairing potholes, conducting tree trimming, litter and debris removal, street sweeping and cleaning drainage inlets. NJDOT scheduled the closure during overnight hours to minimize the impact to motorists. NJ State Police will assist with traffic management during the overnight closure.
Dynamic message signs will be used to notify motorists of the closure and detour. The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website for real-time travel information.