Route 17 to be closed overnight next week in Paramus
Detour necessary to advance Garden State Parkway
interchange improvements project
(Trenton) – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced a temporary full closure and detour of Route 17 during the overnight hours next week to advance the Garden State Parkway Interchange 163 improvements project in Paramus, Bergen County.
Beginning on Monday, April 10 and continuing every night through Thursday, April 13, Ferreira Construction will perform the following closures on Route 17:
- One right lane on Route 17 southbound will be closed from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Two right lanes on Route 17 southbound will be closed from 11 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- A full closure of Route 17 southbound will be required from 12 a.m. until 5 a.m. the next morning.
- In addition, the Route 17 northbound left lane will be closed from 9p.m. to 6 a.m.
These closures are required for the erection of structural steel for the new bridge structures at the Garden State Parkway southbound exit ramp over Route 17 northbound and southbound.
Once the structural steel installation is in place on Route 17 southbound work will then switch to Route 17 northbound, reversing the closure.
The following detours will be in place:
Route 17 northbound detour
• Motorists will be directed onto Century Road North
• Make a left onto Fairview Avenue
• Make another left onto Midland Avenue
• And continue onto the Route 17 northbound entrance at the interchange
Route 17 southbound detour
• Motorists will be directed onto Midland Avenue
• Make a right onto Fairview Avenue
• Make another right onto Century Road North
• And continue onto the Route 17 southbound entrance at the interchange
Portable and overhead variable message signs are being utilized to provide advance notification to the motoring public of all traffic pattern changes associated with the work.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.