Route 130 to be closed overnight for Brooklawn Circles improvements project in Camden County
Project requires full overnight closures this week
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced overnight closures of Route 130 this week for storm drainage work as the Route 130 Brooklawn Circles Improvements project advances in Camden County.
Beginning at 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, the nights of Wednesday, April 19, Thursday, April 20 and Friday, April 21, NJDOT’s contractor South State, Inc., is scheduled to close Route 130 between the two circles in Brooklawn for storm drainage improvements work. The following overnight detours will be in place:
Route 130 southbound detour
- Vehicles on Route 130 southbound will continue around the circle and take Route 47 south
- Continue on Route 47 south/Broadway and turn right at River Drive to New Broadway/Route 130
Route 130 northbound detour
- Vehicles on Route 130 northbound will continue around circle and follow Route 130 south/New Broadway back over the river
- Route 130 south turns into Gateway Boulevard
- Keep left on Gateway Boulevard and U-Turn onto Highland Avenue, which becomes Station Avenue
- From Station Avenue turn right at Little River Road/River Drive
- Turn left at Route 47 north/Broadway
- Follow over the river to the circle
The $7.9 million federally-funded Route 130 Brooklawn Circles Improvement project began construction in August 2016 and is expected to be completed in early 2018. The project improvements are expected to significantly enhance safety and improve traffic operation in the circle area.
Project improvements include the elimination of the left turn movement from the circle onto Creek Road, the elimination of all turns from Creek Road to Route 47, improvement to the vertical curve from the Route 47 Bridge onto the circle, upgrades to Old Salem Road including a new adaptive traffic signal at the corner of Route 130 and Old Salem Road, pedestrian upgrades such as ADA compliant sidewalks and curb ramps, new pavement, signs and striping, as well as utility, lighting and drainage improvements. Throughout the project, NJDOT will provide information before upcoming road closures.
Variable message signs and lane closure signs will be utilized throughout the project limits to provide advance notification to motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with the Broowklawn Circles improvements project. Throughout the project, NJDOT will provide information before upcoming road closures.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weatheror other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.