Route 18 northbound overnight ramp closures necessary
this week for bridge painting
in New Brunswick
Detours necessary during ramp closures
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced a full closure of the Route 18 northbound ramps to and from George Street for a bridge painting maintenance project in New Brunswick.
Beginning at 10 p.m. tonight, Monday, November 6 until 5 a.m. tomorrow, and continuing weeknights from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. Saturday, November 11, NJDOT’s contractor Allied Painting is scheduled to close the Route 18 northbound ramp to George Street, and the George Street ramp to Route 18 northbound for bridge painting maintenance. The following detour will be in place:
Route 18 northbound ramp to George Street detour:
- Motorists on Route 18 northbound will be directed to continue over the Raritan River and take the first exit for River Road/Piscataway/Highland Park
- Continue on River Road/CR 622
- Make a left at the first light onto Landing Lane
- Continue over the Raritan River
- Make a left onto George Street/CR 672
George Street to Route 18 northbound detour:
- Motorists on George Street will be directed to Huntington Street
- Make a right onto College Avenue
- Continue back onto George Street
- Make a right onto Landing Lane
- Continue over the Raritan River and make the first right at the light onto River Road/CR 622
- Continue on River Road and make a left onto Route 18 northbound/Piscataway
Variable message signs and ramp closure signs will be utilized throughout the project limits to provide advance notification to motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with the bridge painting maintenance project. Throughout the project, NJDOT will provide information before upcoming road closures.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weatheror other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.