Route 1 northbound ramp to Garden State Parkway northbound to close for bridge deck replacement project
Traffic will be detoured overnight in Woodbridge
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the overnight full closure of the Route 1 northbound ramp to the Garden State Parkway (GSP) northbound, as work on a GSP bridge deck replacement project advances in Woodbridge.
From 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the next morning, both tomorrow, Wednesday, March 28 and Thursday, March 29, the New Jersey Turnpike Authority’s contractor, Northeast Remsco Construction, Inc., will close the Route 1 northbound ramp to the Garden State Parkway northbound for pavement crack sealing. The following detour will be in place.
Route 1 northbound to Garden State Parkway northbound Detour:
• Motorists on Route 1 northbound will be directed to continue straight and pass the Woodbridge Center Drive intersection
• Stay right immediately after the traffic light and take the U-turn jug handle exit
• Follow signs around the jug handle for Gill Lane
• Stay left at the fork after the jug handle to make a left onto Route 1 southbound
• Stay right on Route 1 southbound and take exit for Garden State Parkway northbound
Construction and detour signing will be used to direct motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with this bridge deck replacement work.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info and on the NJDOT Facebook page.