Route 440 southbound ramp to Route 9/ Garden State Parkway overnight closure for bridge project
Traffic will be detoured for two nights in Woodbridge
(Trenton) -New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the overnight full closure tonight and tomorrow night of the Route 440 southbound ramp to Route 9/Garden State Parkway (GSP) southbound, as the Route 440 Bridges over Route 9/GSP project advances in Woodbridge.
Beginning at 11 p.m. tonight Thursday, May 10 until 6 a.m. tomorrow, and again from 11 p.m. Friday, May 11 until 6 a.m. the next day, NJDOT’s contractor, Ritacco Construction, Inc., will close the Route 440 southbound ramp to the Route 9 southbound/Garden State Parkway southbound to perform temporary shielding work.
The following detours will be in place Thursday and Friday nights from 11 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning.
Route 440 southbound to Route 9/Garden State Parkway southbound Detour:
- Motorists on Route 440 southbound will be directed to take the Pfeiffer Boulevard/ Route 184 west/Route 35 south exit
- Continue on Pfeiffer Boulevard/Route 184 west as it becomes West Pond Road/Route 184 west
- Make a right at the traffic light onto King Georges Road for Route 9 southbound
- Continue on King Georges Road to merge onto Route 9 southbound
- Keep left on Route 9 southbound for the Garden State Parkway southbound exit
The $14 million federally-funded Route 440 Bridges over Route 9/Garden State Parkway project which started construction in May 2017 will replace the five-span bridge deck, approach slabs, guiderails, parapets, bridge bearings and repair the substructure. The bridge replacement project is expected to be completed in early 2019.
Construction and detour signing will be utilized to direct motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with this bridge deck replacement work.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info and on the NJDOT Facebook page.