Route 440 southbound to Route 9/Garden State Parkway to have overnight ramp closure tonight
Traffic will be detoured overnight in Woodbridge
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced a ramp closure and overnight detour for tonight, Friday, January 25 as the Route 440 Bridges over Route 9/GSP project advances in Woodbridge.
Beginning at 10 p.m. tonight, Friday, January 25 until 6 a.m. the next day, NJDOT’s contractor, Ritacco Construction, Inc., will close one lane on Route 440 southbound approaching the GSP ramp, and at 12 midnight close the Route 440 ramp to Route 9/GSP southbound for bridge deck shielding removal. The following detour will be in place:
Route 440 southbound to Route 9/Garden State Parkway southbound Detour:
(10 p.m. Friday, January 25 until 6 a.m. the next morning)
- Motorists on Route 440 southbound will be directed to take the Pfeiffer Boulevard/ Route 184 west/Route 35 south exit
- Continue on Pfeiffer Boulevard/Route 184 west as it becomes West Pond Road/Route 184 west
- Make a right at the traffic light onto King Georges Road for Route 9 southbound
- Continue on King Georges Road to merge onto Route 9 southbound
- Keep left on Route 9 southbound for the Garden State Parkway southbound exit
The $14 million federally-funded Route 440 Bridges over Route 9/Garden State Parkway project that started construction in May 2017 will replace the seven-span bridge deck, approach slabs, guiderails, parapets, bridge bearings and repair the substructure. The bridge replacement project is expected to be completed in fall 2019.
Construction and detour signing will be utilized to direct motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with this bridge deck replacement work.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.