Route 4 westbound ramp and lane closures next week in Paramus
Utility pole work requires daytime closures Sunday, and Wednesday through Friday
(Trenton) -New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the Route 4 westbound ramps to and from Paramus Road are schedule to be closed and detoured in Paramus this week for the continuation of utility pole work.
From 7 a.m. until 2 p.m., Sunday, February 3, PSE&G, is scheduled to close and detour the ramp from Route 4 westbound to Paramus Road southbound, as well the acceleration lanes on Route 4 westbound and eastbound for the continuation of utility pole work. All three travel lanes on Route 4 westbound will be open, as well as all four travel lanes on Route 4 eastbound while the work is taking place.
On Wednesday, February 6 through Friday, February 8, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. each day, the Route 4 westbound ramp to Paramus Road southbound and the Paramus Road northbound ramp to Route 4 westbound will be closed and detoured. The following signed detours will be in place while the ramps are closed:
Route 4 westbound ramp to Paramus Road southbound detour:
(Sunday 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and Wednesday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Motorists on Route 4 westbound wishing to take the ramp to Paramus Road southbound will be directed to continue on Route 4 westbound
- Stay right to take Route 208 north/Oakland
- Take the exit for Plaza Road /Fair Lawn
- At the traffic signal at the end of the ramp turn right onto Plaza Road
- Go under the overpass and take the ramp onto Route 208 southbound
- Stay right and take the Exit for Saddle River Road south/To Garden State Parkway
- Stay right to get on Saddle River Road south
- At the traffic turn left onto Red Mill Road
- Turn right onto Paramus Road southbound
Paramus Road northbound ramp to Route 4 westbound detour:
(Wednesday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Motorists on Paramus Road northbound wishing to take Route 4 westbound will be directed to take the ramp to Route 4 eastbound
- Take Route 4 eastbound and stay right when the roadway splits
- Take the second Exit for Ikea Drive/U-turn
- At the light, use the left 2 lanes to turn onto the ramp for Route 4 west
PSE&G will transfer the wires from existing poles to the new poles at a later date. NJDOT will provide information on any future lane closures in advance of the work taking place.
The utility work is in advance of a $5 million project to replace the deck on the Paramus Road Bridge over Route 4 that is scheduled to take place in the spring of 2019.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news and updates follow us on the NJDOT Facebook page or on Twitter @NJDOT_info.