Railroad-crossing repairs begin in Gloucester City
Necessary safety work will require road closure and detours this week
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced a railroad crossing rehabilitation project that will require a four-day closure and detour of Park Avenue/Springdale Drive this week in Gloucester City, Camden County.
Beginning at 7 a.m., tomorrow, Tuesday, May 21, until 7 p.m., Friday, May 24, Park Avenue will be closed and detoured in both directions at the railroad crossing. The following detours will be in place:
Park Avenue/Springdale Drive northbound
- Motorists wishing to travel northbound on Park Avenue to Springdale Drive will be directed to take turn left onto Klemm Avenue
- Turn right onto Route 130 North
- Immediately turn right onto Meadow Lane to Springdale Drive
Park Avenue/Springdale Drive southbound
- Motorists wishing to travel southbound on Springdale Drive to Park Avenue will be directed to turn right onto Meadow Lane to Route 130
- Turn left onto Route 130 South
- Turn left onto Klemm Avenue
- Turn right onto Park Avenue southbound
This federally funded project includes the replacement of the existing concrete railroad crossing and asphalt approaches, and is a part of NJDOT’s railroad grade-crossing safety program that repairs, upgrades, or removes approximately 30 crossings per year statewide.
The traffic detours will be coordinated with the local police. If work is completed earlier, the roadway will be reopened accordingly.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.
Please note, the NJDOT Communications office has a new phone number – 609.963.1975