Emergency closure of the Wooden Bridge over NJ TRANSIT tracks on River Road in Branchburg beginning immediately
Inspection found structure in poor condition requiring immediate closure
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the immediate closure of the Wooden Bridge over NJ TRANSIT tracks on River Road in Branchburg. An inspection found the bridge, located near the North Branch NJ TRANSIT Station, in poor condition requiring the emergency closure. Separate car and truck detours will be in place until further notice.
Car Detour – River Road southbound
- Cars traveling on Station Road southbound to River Road southbound will be directed to continue on Station Road
- Cross the railroad tracks and immediately turn right onto Central Place
- Central Place becomes River Road
Car Detour – River Road northbound
- Cars traveling on River Road northbound will be directed to turn left onto Miller Avenue
- Turn right onto Station Road
- Cross the railroad tracks and continue on Station Road or turn right onto River Road
Truck Detour – River Road southbound
- Trucks on Route 22 wishing to travel on Station Road southbound to River Road southbound will be directed to use Readington Road southbound
- Continue on Readington Road
- At the traffic signal, turn left onto Dreahook Road
- Dreahook Road will become Old York Road
- Follow Old York Road to Route 202
Truck Detour – River Road northbound
- Trucks on Route 202 northbound wishing to travel on River Road northbound will be directed to turn left onto Old York Road
- Old York Road becomes Dreahook Road
- At the traffic signal turn right onto Readington Road
- Turn right onto Route 22 eastbound
Variable Message Signs will provide advance notification to motorists of the traffic pattern changes associated with the work. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info and on the NJDOT Facebook page.
Please note, the NJDOT Communications Office has a new phone number – 609-963-1975.