Parkview Drive to be closed and detoured for railroad-crossing repairs in Hillsdale, Bergen County
Necessary safety work will require detours
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials announced today that Parkview Drive will be closed and detoured during the next seven days to install a new concrete Railroad crossing with asphalt approaches in Hillsdale, Bergen County.
Beginning at 7 a.m., Wednesday, July 17, until 7 p.m., Wednesday, July 24, Parkview Drive will be closed and detoured in both directions at the railroad crossing. The following detours will be in place:
Parkview Drive eastbound detour
- Motorists traveling eastbound on Parkview Drive will be directed to turn right onto Lake Street, which becomes Paterson Street.
- Turn left at the traffic signal on to Hillsdale Avenue.
- Turn left onto Broadway Avenue.
Parkview Drive westbound detour
- Motorists on Broadway Avenue wishing to go westbound on Parkview Drive will be directed to continue south on Broadway Avenue.
- Turn right at traffic signal onto Hillsdale Avenue.
- Turn right at traffic signal onto Patterson Street, which becomes Lake Street.
- Turn left on to Parkview Drive.
The traffic detours will be coordinated with the local police. If work is completed earlier, the roadway will be reopened accordingly.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.
Please note, the NJDOT Communications Office has a new phone number – 609-963-1975.