Route 9W southbound ramp to Route 1&9/Route 46 westbound
to be closed tonight for bridge repairs in Fort Lee
Overnight detour in place for bridge deck and joint work
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the Route 9W/Fletcher Avenue southbound ramp to Route 1&9/Route 46 westbound will be closed and detoured Friday night for bridge repairs in Fort Lee.
Beginning at 10 p.m. tonight, Friday, July 19 until 9 a.m. Saturday, July 20, NJDOT’s contractor IEW Construction Group, will close the ramp from Route 9W/Fletcher Avenue southbound to Route 1&9/Route 46 westbound to make bridge deck and joint repairs. The following detour will be in place:
Route 9W/Fletcher Avenue ramp to Route 1&9/Route 46 westbound detour
- Traffic on Route 9W/Fletcher Avenue southbound will be directed to continue on Route 9W and cross over the highway
- At the first traffic signal, turn left onto Kelby Street, which becomes Bruce Reynolds Boulevard
- Turn left onto Lemoine Avenue/Route 67 and cross over the highway
- Turn right on Bridge Plaza North
- Take the first right for the ramp onto Route 1&9
- Stay left for I-95/I-80
- Take Exit 72B for Route1&9/Route 46
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors.
Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info and on the NJDOT Facebook page.
Please note, the NJDOT Communications Office has a new phone number – 609-963-1975.