Route 46 westbound ramps to and from Notch Road to be closed in Woodland Park, Passaic County
Signed detours will be in place
(Trenton) -New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the permanent closures of the exit ramp from Route 46 westbound to Notch Road and the ramp from Notch Road to Route 46 westbound in Woodland Park, Passaic County as the Route 3/Route 46 interchange improvement project advances.
Beginning at 9 p.m., tonight, August 23, NJDOT’s contractor J.F. Creamer & Sanzari, will close the right lane of Route 46 westbound from Valley Road to the Notch Road overpass.
Reservoir Road will also be closed during this period to allow for construction on Great Notch Road, and access will be maintained for local businesses from the Notch Road/Rifle Camp Road intersection. Residents of the Four Seasons Great Notch Community will maintain access through the main entrance off of Valley Road or Boulder Road. These closures are expected to last approximately one month.
By 7 a.m. tomorrow, Saturday, August 24, the ramps to and from Route 46 westbound and Notch Road will be closed, and the following signed detours will be in place:
Route 46 westbound to Lackawanna Avenue/Rifle Camp Road
- Motorists wishing to travel from Route 46 westbound towards Lackawanna Avenue or Rifle Camp Road should continue to the Browertown Road exit
- Turn right at the end of the exit ramp onto Browertown Road
- Turn right onto Rose Street
- Turn right onto the ramp towards Route 46 eastbound
- Take the Notch Road Exit
- Turn left onto Notch Road and continue onto either Lackawanna Avenue or Rifle Camp Road
Rifle Camp Road to Route 46 westbound
- Motorists wishing to travel from Rifle Camp road southbound towards Route 46 westbound should turn right onto Lackawanna Avenue
- Turn left onto Lower Notch Road
- Turn right onto the ramp for Route 46 westbound
Lackawanna Avenue to Route 46 westbound
- Motorists wishing to travel from Lackawanna Avenue to Route 46 westbound should turn right onto Lower Notch Road
- Turn right onto the ramp to Route 46 westbound
The $40.8 million federally-funded Contract A portion of the Route 3, Route 46, Valley Road and Notch/Rifle Camp Road Interchange Improvements project, which started construction in January 2016, includes the construction of a new two-way service road, three signalized intersections, and two single-lane roundabouts parallel to Route 46 westbound to remove local traffic from the state highway. The western portion of Great Notch Road, the planned roundabout intersection of Great Notch Road, Notch Road, Lackawanna Avenue and Rifle Camp Road and the roundabout intersection of Clove Road are anticipated to be complete by fall 2019.
Variable message signs are being utilized throughout the project limits to provide advance notification to motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with the interchange improvements project. Throughout the project, NJDOT will provide information on upcoming road or ramp closures.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.
Please note, the NJDOT Communications Office has a new phone number – 609-963-1975.