Department of Transportation

Pothole/Highway Maintenance Reporting

Thank you for reporting a pothole, tall grass or other maintenance problem on a state highway (listed in the first drop-down menu below). The regional offices of the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) will act on your information. Safety issues are our first priority.

For pothole damage claims on New Jersey State Highways and Interstates (listed in the first drop-down menu below), please contact the Department of Treasury's Office of Risk Management.

Potholes should be reported using the online form below so NJDOT can make the necessary repairs. Please complete this form to the best of your ability and NJDOT will take it from there. Please tell us where the pothole, tall grass, graffiti, roadway debris/litter, deer carcass, traffic light or sign problem, maintenance, or guiderail damage is located.

  • If the road is not listed under the "Interstate/Route" pull down menu below, the road may be under county rather than state jurisdiction. Please report it to the appropriate County Pothole Hotline.
  • If you are reporting a pothole for the Garden State Parkway or the New Jersey Turnpike, please complete the form on the New Jersey Turnpike Authority Web site.
  • If you are reporting a complaint about NJ TRANSIT, please use the online form on the NJ TRANSIT Web site.

Please tell us where the problem is located
*Required fields

Last updated date: September 24, 2020 4:19 PM