This calculator works with the following retirement systems: Teachers' Pension and Annuity Fund (TPAF), Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS),
Police and Firemen's Retirement System (PFRS), State Police Retirement System (SPRS), Alternate Benefit Program (ABP)
This calculator estimates the amount and cost of group life insurance coverage a pension fund member may convert at retirement
or termination of employment to a private policy with the Prudential Insurance Company.
Before using this calculator, please read the following:
- This calculator is provided as a convenience to our members and is intended for use with retirement planning or if terminating employment. The calculation is based solely on the information that you provide and does not access any of the salary or pension service information maintained by the Division of Pensions & Benefits.
- By using this calculator, you are not applying for a conversion of your group life insurance. If interested in conversion, the Conversion of Group Life Insurance Fact Sheet or contact Prudential for additional information.
- To initiate the purchase of a conversion policy, you must contact the Prudential Insurance Company — within 31 days of terminating employment — through any of its local offices or by calling 1-855-364-7783.
- Note for PERS and TPAF Members: This calculator assumes that both Noncontributory and Contributory Group Life Insurance are in effect at retirement or termination of employment — if you have waived or voluntarily terminated all or any portion of your Contributory insurance, contact the Prudential Insurance Company for an estimate.
- Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers are recommended. Safari and Chrome users may encounter errors.