You can report criminal tax fraud information directly to us by phone, mail, or online.
- You can report anonymously. However, it helps us if you identify yourself should we need to contact you for additional information.
- You cannot receive updates on the investigation. For privacy and legal reasons, we do not share information regarding an investigation.
What to Include in Your Report
- Individual/business name and address.
- Identification information (i.e., date of birth, tax ID, address).
- Alleged tax violation.
- Tax types affected (i.e., income, sales and use, withholding).
- How you became aware of the alleged violation and how long it has been occurring.
- Asset information.
- Your contact information (optional).
How to Submit Your Report
To report suspected tax fraud, please fill out the Citizen Complaint Form.
N.J. Department of the Treasury
Office of Criminal Investigation
PO Box 284
Trenton, N.J. 08695-0284