- We provide advice and oversight regarding consistent property tax administration and valuation policies and practices to achieve uniform compliance and equitable treatment of taxpayer for the local property tax monies used to support schools and county and municipal governments;
- We are an administrative agency with the primary responsibilities of analyzing annual real estate sales activities, monitoring assessor and county boards of taxation for compliance with statutory mandates and other matters;
- Our staff works with other State agencies and public/private organizations to ensure that the most up-to-date property information is available to their constituencies such as senior citizens, veterans, farmers and nonprofit groups;
- We assist taxpayers in obtaining the information they need to understand their property tax responsibilities and to qualify for various property tax relief programs;
- This activity does not collect the local property tax. The municipality collects the money and distributes it to the county and school district.