Regional Information Centers are the one-stop shop for the New Jersey Division of Taxation. In each office, we can:
- Provide free assistance to both individuals and businesses with State tax issues including refunds, bills, and property tax relief applications.
- File all State tax returns and property tax relief applications.
- Provide free copies of previously filed tax returns.
- Assist new businesses with registration and existing business with any changes.
- Help taxpayers understand their tax obligations and how to stay compliant.
Normal hours of operation* are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Offices are closed on weekends and State holidays.
*Please note: On the second Wednesday of each month, hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Dates for these reduced hours of operation are:
January 8, 2020
February 12, 2020
March 11, 2020
April 8, 2020
May 13, 2020
June 10, 2020
July 8, 2020
August 12, 2020
September 9, 2020
October 14, 2020
November 10, 2020 (*Tuesday)
December 9, 2020
- You must bring proper identification:
- Picture ID: One form of government-issued identification (i.e. Driver’s License).
- Non-picture ID: Two forms of government-issued identification (i.e. Birth certificate).
- If you are visiting on behalf of someone else, you must have a signed Appointment of Taxpayer Representative form. 74kb
- Please bring all tax information (tax returns, schedules, W-2s, 1099s. etc.) when you visit.
- We do not accept cash. Acceptable payment methods are check, money order, debit/credit card, or electronic check.
- We cannot provide copies of your Form W-2. You must request these from your employer.
- Trenton is the only office that offers assistance with Bulk Sales and Inheritance and Estate Tax. Payments and returns can be submitted at any office.