Check www.NJHire.com for available Agriculture positions.
Sussex County Technical High School, Sparta, NJ (Agricultural Science Teacher):
1. NJ certified or qualified for certification as “Teacher of Agriculture”.
2. CASE certified in one or more courses and/or willing to become CASE certified in courses leading to a program of study such as, but not limited to: 1) Intro to Ag, Food, and Natural Resources; 2) Principles of Ag Science – Plant; or 2) Principles of Ag Science – Animal; 3)Animal and Plant Biotechnology. 4) Capstone course and other courses as they are developed.)
3. Demonstrated ability to relate effectively with young people and with professional colleagues.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the delivery of an integral program consisting of all three components of quality agricultural science education: class/lab instruction, supervised ag education (SAE) and FFA.
5. Capacity for professional growth and ability to build a quality program of study that prepares students for college and career readiness in science, business, and technology of agriculture.
1. To prepare students for global competiveness in the science, business, and technology of agriculture by growing the three components (class/lab, Supervised Ag Ed Experience [SAE], and leadership development provided through FFA) of the agriculture program into a quality program of study that articulates students to post-secondary institutions and successful careers.
2. To help the students of Sussex Tech, Sparta, NJ attain the skills required in the 21st century for college and career readiness.
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to appear in person for an interview with multiple stakeholder groups invested in the program.
To apply send cover letter, resume, transcript, and copy of certification(s) to:
Augustus Modla, Principal/Superintendent
Sussex County Technical School
105 North Church Road
Sparta, NJ 07871