nj mvc title
Business Owned Vehicles
Business Licensing
IRP/IFTA Permit Process

Passenger Carrier Service

To operate a passenger carrier service, you must apply for a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity. There are different requirements for different carrier services.

The three passenger carrier service offered in New Jersey are:

  • Intrastate Regular Route Operations
    Carrying passengers on regular schedule between predetermined fixed points in New Jersey
  • Casino Bus Operations
    Carrying passengers to and from Atlantic City from locations within New Jersey
  • Special Bus Operations
    Carrying passengers without a set schedule to or from a location and charging a fare that may or may not include special discounts or premiums

You can download the forms on the right for application instructions.

Mail your completed application to:
Motor Vehicle Commission
Passenger Carrier Service Request
P.O. Box 162
225 East State Street
Trenton, NJ 08666-0170

Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Legal Statement | Accessibility Statement
NJ Home Logo
Statewide: NJ home | Services A to Z | Department/Agencies | FAQs
Commission: Locations | Vehicles | Licenses | Violations | Inspections | Commercial | Business Licensing | About MVC
Copyright © State of New Jersey, 2006

New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
P.O. Box 160
Trenton, NJ 08666
(609) 292-6500
TTY (609) 292-5120

Last Updated: July 7, 2015