Governor Chris Christie • Lt.Governor Kim Guadagno
new jersey department of environmental protection
NJ Home Page Services A to Z NJ FAQs NJ Departments/Agencies departments

Environmental Guidance for All
Child Care Centers

Home > Renewing a Child Care License for existing Centers

Renewing a Child Care License for existing Centers

Existing child care centers that have already fulfilled environmental requirements and obtained one of the approval letters listed below can renew by filling out Department of Children and Families' (DCF) Office of Licensing Attestation Form.

  • No Further Action (NFA) Letter issued by the NJDEP Child Care/Educational Facilities Unit
  • Child Care Facility Approval (CCFA) Letter
  • Child Care Response Action Outcome (RAO)

In addition, if the child care center is not connected to a community water system, a drinking water certification issued by NJDEP's Bureau of Water System Engineering dated within 90 days of the licensing application must accompany Department of Children and Families' Attestation Form.

Please contact DCF for further guidance at 1-877-667-9845.

Please note: If site conditions have changed, the child care center owner/operator may need to hire a Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) to evaluate the property and issue a Response Action Outcome (RAO). For more information, please visit How to obtain an RAO.

njdep homeabout depindex by topicprograms and unitsdep online