School Bus Driver and Aide Training for Interacting with Students with Special Needs
In accordance with P.L. 2016, c.123, the New Jersey Department of Education has developed a training program for school bus drivers and school bus aides on appropriate procedures for interacting with students with special needs. Employers of school bus drivers and bus aides in New Jersey are required to ensure the drivers/aides view this training video on proper procedures for interacting with students with special needs.
- Do not stop the video at the end of the course. A box will appear momentarily on your screen, to which you may add your name, date of birth, employer and district or contractor code before obtaining your certificate of completion.
- Have that information available prior to beginning the video training module, as you will be required to add it to the Certificate of Completion.
- Click on video to play. Click on video again to pause. Double click to view in full screen mode.
- If viewing in full screen mode, press Esc when the video ends to exit and receive your certificate.
- The module is approximately 28 minutes long.
- The Certificate of Completion is accessible after viewing the module.
- If you require closed captions click on the "cc" at the bottom of the video.
** Note: Do not click on a YouTube link. If you watch the video from anywhere other than this page, you will not receive your certificate.
Printing the certificate requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download the reader here: