Final Design and Construction
The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) has determined that construction will be divided into
Contract 1 and 2 have been completed. Contract C3 and C3A are under construction. The last contract (C4) was awarded in June 2017 and
is expected to be completed in late Fall 2022 and the entire project is expected to be completed by the end of 2022.
- Contract 1 was completed in December 2014 (river work - substructure and fender
- Contract 2 was completed in January 2016 (approach span on Jersey City side).
- Contract 3A was awarded in May 2016 (pump station, pipe jacking, detention basin
and surcharge) with anticipated completion in Fall 2018.
- Contract 3 (lift bridge superstructure and Kearny approach) is under construction
with anticipated completion in summer 2018.
- Contract 4 was awarded in June 2017 with anticipated completion in late