Thank you for your interest in the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT). You must identify the
title(s) for which you are applying or your
application will not be accepted.
By submitting the application you are stating you meet the requirements of the title(s) by the
If you are interested in more than one title, specify each job title
in Section 5 of the application; a separate application is not required. Your signature is required on page
three (3) of the application. Please be sure to attach a copy of your resume and unofficial copy of your
transcript or course-by-course
foreign evaluation if applicable to the
"Attach Files" section of the PDF Application. Do NOT attach copies
to the email itself but inside the PDF Application.
If you wish to submit an Application for Employment for consideration, please follow the instructions
- NJDOT will only accept applications submitted using the
Application for Employment Instructions (pdf 1.5m). Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
- NJDOT recruits for Highway Operations Technician Trainee’s (formally known as Maintenance Workers)
only once a year in the spring. Submit applications by January 31 of each year.
- We are required to appoint from Civil Service Commission (CSC) employment lists for competitive
titles when available. When a list is not available, we will consider those in our Application Bank,
but can only offer a provisional appointment pending CSC's open competitive testing process.
- You must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available at our
state Adobe Access Page.
- The Application for Employment
(pdf 1.5m) file will open in your browser. Application for Employment Instructions
- Complete the required information in the light blue cells
(pages 2 to 5).
- When complete, click on the “Submit Application”
- If a message pops up asking you to choose either a desktop e-mail application or an internet e-mail
application, choose the internet
- The application you submit will be sent to the email address you provide within the application.