Please select from the two links below to locate construction or professional services
Bureau of Construction
Bureau of Professional
- Classifies highway construction firms.
- Advertises highway projects.
- Receives and certifies highway project bids.
- Awards and executes contracts.
- Approves subcontracts.
- Maintains contractors' past performance evaluations.
Bureau of Equipment, Materials, and Supplies:
- Reviews and coordinates prequalification and selection of consultants.
- Solicits Technical Proposals.
- Coordinates Consultant Selection Committee activities.
- Notifies the industry of anticipated projects and consultant selections.
- Reviews and approves consultant working titles utilized by the industry for Technical
The State does not prequalify vendors for the purchase of goods and services.
- Using State Contracts for major purchases (90% of NJDOT Purchases) and Direct Purchasing
Authority (DPA) for small dollar amounts
- Utilizing both traditional purchase orders and P-Cards (Credit Cards)
- Developing and transmiting specifications (RFP's) to Treasury, Purchase Bureau
In addition, the Division of Operations purchases specific goods and services for highway and
Notice: Interested Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) vendors can submit responses to
current ITS Technology Product Presentation RFI's by accessing the information through the following