Electrical utility work prompts overnight road closures and detours in Jersey City
(Trenton) - An ongoing underground electrical utility project will require overnight and weekend roadway closures and traffic detours in the vicinity of Route 1&9 T (Lincoln Highway) at Broadway in Jersey City starting Monday, July 9 through Monday, July 16.
PSE&G crews will be performing work in two stages over eight days, with each stage requiring its own set of closures and detours.
The first stage of work is scheduled to occur during the hours of 9 p.m.-6 a.m. on July 9-12. Closures and detours are as follows:
• The left turn from Route 1&9 T southbound to Broadway eastbound will be closed. Motorists will have access to Broadway eastbound from Route 1&9 northbound.
• Route 1&9 T northbound will be closed to traffic at Broadway, with right turns onto Broadway eastbound permitted. Route 1&9 T northbound through traffic will be directed to Broadway eastbound to Willis Avenue to Route 1&9 T northbound.
• Motorists on Broadway westbound seeking access to Route 1&9 T southbound will be detoured to West Side Avenue southbound to Sip Avenue westbound to Route 1&9 T.
The second stage of work is scheduled to occur 9 p.m. Friday, July 13 until 5 a.m. Monday, July 16. Closures and detours are as follows:
• Route 1&9 T southbound will be closed at the Broadway intersection, with the left turn onto Broadway eastbound open.
• Route 1&9 T southbound through traffic will be detoured to Route 7 westbound to Fish House Road (County Route 659) southbound to Route 1&9 T.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.org for construction updates and real-time travel information.