A short segment of Route 202 near Far Hills
will be closed starting Monday, June 23
for a culvert replacement project
Motorists will be detoured to I-287 interchanges
(Trenton) – The New Jersey Department of Transportation announced today that a section of Route 202 between Sunny Branch Road and Fox Hunt Lane in Far Hills (Somerset County) will be closed to traffic starting Monday, June 23 for a project to replace the Mine Brook culvert.
The federally funded project is expected to be completed, and the highway reopened, prior to Labor Day. A $724,000 contract has been awarded to Vollers Excavation.
Variable Message Signs and detour signs will be in place starting this weekend to help motorists reach their destinations on either side of the closure.
Motorists heading north on 202/206 or I-287
- Motorists whose trips take them on Route 202 northbound (Main Street) through Far Hills to points north of Sunny Branch Road should take I-287 northbound to Exit 26 B to Mount Airy Road. Turn left onto Whitenack Road to Route 202 north of the closure.
- Motorists who normally take Route 202/206 northbound to Route 202 (Main Street) to Far Hills Borough destinations, including to the Far Hills NJ TRANSIT train station, need not deviate from their normal route.
- Motorists with destinations closer to Bernardsville should take I-287 Exit 26 B to Mount Airy Road (CR 525) to Route 202.
Motorists heading south on Route 202 or I-287
- Motorists on Route 202 south whose destination is on the south side of the closure should North Maple Avenue to I-287 southbound at Interchange 30 and proceed to Exit 22, where they can access Route 202/206 northbound or southbound.
- Motorists on I-287 southbound should use Exit 26 to access Route 202 destinations located north of the closure, or should proceed to Exit 22 to access Route 202/206 south of the closure.