Route 147 eastbound jughandle to Anglesea Drive
to be closed and detoured in North Wildwood
Closure necessary for bulkhead repair work
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the closure and detour of the Route 147 eastbound jughandle to Anglesea Drive in North Wildwood for several months for bulkhead repairs.
Beginning at 7 a.m. Monday, March 18, NJDOT's contractor, IEW Corp., is scheduled to close and detour the Route 147 eastbound jughandle to Anglesea Drive in North Wildwood to rehabilitate the bulkhead on the outer edge of the jughandle. The jughandle will remain closed throughout the project, which is expected to be completed before Memorial Day. The following detour will be in place:
Route 147 eastbound jughandle to Anglesea Drive:
- Traffic wishing to use the Route 147 eastbound jughandle to Anglesea Drive will be directed to continue straight on Route 147 eastbound
- Turn left on N. New York Avenue
- Turn left on W. Spruce Avenue
- Turn left on W. Pine Street
- Turn left on Virginia Avenue
- Turn right on Route 147 westbound/Spruce Avenue
- Turn right on Anglesea Drive
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.org for construction updates and real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.