I-295 northbound lane and ramp closures
tonight to repave roadway
Exit ramps to and from Route 168 closed and detoured
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced I-295 northbound will have lane and ramp closures tonight for repaving on I-295 northbound as the Direct Connection project advances in Camden and Gloucester counties.
Beginning at 10 p.m., tonight Friday, July 12 until 8 a.m. tomorrow, Saturday July 13, NJDOT’s contractor, Conti Enterprises, Inc., is scheduled to close lanes and ramps on I-295 northbound beginning just past Exit 25 - Delsea Drive through just past Exit 28 - Route 168/Black Horse Pike for repaving. At least one lane will be maintained at all times.
In addition, three ramps will be closed – I-76 eastbound to I-295 northbound; I-295 northbound Exit 28 - Route 168/Black Horse Pike; and the Route 168/Black Horse Pike southbound ramp to I-295 northbound. The following detours will be in place:
I-76 eastbound to I-295 northbound detour:
- Motorists traveling on I-76 eastbound wishing to take the ramp to I-295 northbound will be directed to continue on I-76 eastbound
- Stay to the left and take Exit 1A to I-295 southbound
- Take I-295 southbound to Exit 24B/CR551 Westville/Woodbury Heights
- Turn left at the end of the ramp onto Broadway
- Go under I-295 and turn left onto the ramp for I-295 northbound
I-295 northbound Exit 28 – Route 168/Black Horse Pike detour
- Motorists traveling on I-295 northbound wishing to take Exit 28 – Route 168/Black Horse Pike will be directed to continue on I-295 northbound
- Take Exit 32
- Stay left and turn left onto Haddonfield-Berlin Road
- Take the ramp to I-295 southbound
- Take Exit 28 – Route 168/Black Horse Pike
Route 168/Black Horse Pike southbound ramp to I-295 northbound detour
- Motorists traveling on Route 168/Black Horse Pike southbound wishing to take the ramp to I-295 northbound be directed to continue on Route 168/Black Horse Pike southbound
- Turn left onto Browning Road
- Turn left onto Route 30
- Turn right on Copley Road to I-295 northbound
The work is part of the $900 million Direct Connection project that will provide a seamless route for I-295 motorists traveling through the interchange of I-295, I-76, and Route 42. The Direct Connection project has been divided into four construction contracts, with completion expected in the fall of 2024. NJDOT's project website provides construction activity schedules and updates.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.
Variable message signs are being utilized throughout the project limits to provide advance notification to motorists of traffic pattern changes associated with Direct Connection.
Please note, the NJDOT Communications Office has a new phone number – 609-963-1975.