83rd Street to be closed and detoured next week for railroad-crossing repairs in North Bergen
Necessary safety work will require detours
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials announced today that 83rd Street will be closed and detoured to install a new concrete railroad crossing with asphalt approaches in North Bergen, Hudson County.
Beginning at 7 a.m., Monday, July 22, until 7 p.m., Friday, July 24, 83rd Street will be closed and detoured in both directions at the railroad crossing. Local access will be maintained for businesses on 83rd Street. The following detours will be in place:
83rd Street eastbound detour
- Motorists traveling eastbound on 83rd Street will turn right on to Westside Avenue
- Turn left on 69th Street to Tonnele Avenue/Route 1&9
83rd Street westbound detour
- Motorists traveling westbound on 83rd Street will be directed to turn left onto Tonnele Avenue/ Route 1&9 South
- Turn right on to 69th Street
- Turn right on to Westside Avenue
- Turn left on to 83rd Street
The traffic detours will be coordinated with the local police. If work is completed earlier, the roadway will be reopened accordingly.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.
Please note, the NJDOT Communications Office has a new phone number – 609-963-1975.