I-295 is a strategic travel corridor for motorists driving through New Jersey and for those coming from destinations in Pennsylvania and New York. More than 68,000 trips are made each day on this interstate.
To ensure the safety of motorists and to help mitigate inconveniences from this most necessary construction project, the New Jersey Department of Transportation has increased motorist assistance with these services:
- an Emergency Service Patrol (pdf 1.7m) unit dedicated to the construction area in addition to routine patrols on this section of
- two tow trucks stationed on-site during peak hours for immediate and safe removal of disabled vehicles from traffic,
- seventeen emergency pullover lanes,
- real-time delays reported via variable message signs, highway advisory radio stations, traffic media services and real-time traffic site, and
- expedited access for emergency responders.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF file which is available at our state Adobe Acrobat Access page.