The New Bridge
A Design Review
The new Route 35 Coopers Bridge will safely and effectively accommodate the traffic flow, enhance pedestrian traffic and the distinctive and
historic character of the surrounding communities.
- A vertical clearance of 12 feet.
- 4 lanes, 2 northbound and 2 southbound.
- 2 shoulders, 1 northbound and 1 southbound.
- A striped median.
- Sidewalks on both sides.
- Other statistics: 9 spans, 1,024 feet long, 89 feet wide, made of pre-stressed, pre-cast concrete.
- Replaces a structure with 4 narrow lanes, no shoulders, 1 sidewalk, no median, and a vertical clearance of 8 feet.
- Sand-colored, pre-cast horizontal panels molded in an attractive scalloped pattern.
- 8 piers, each adorned with a ribbed, sand-color, pre-cast concrete column
- 20 decorative street lights extending from one end to the other.
- Concrete sidewalks resembling brick walkways.
- Decorative hand rails.
- Embedded stone finish to highlight historic appearance.